- 🏔 Overview
- 🎬 Getting Started
- 🌐 Enabling the WebClipper
- 📱 Download the Mobile App
- 🆙 The Bulk Upload
- 🤝 Readwise Import
- ✅ Getting the most out of Fount
- 🌐 How to use the WebClipper
- 🐦 Twitter Special:
- 📲 How to share Insights to Fount via Mobile
- 💡 Sharing from other Apps (Instapaper & Matter)
- ▶️ Creating your first Playlist
- 🌍 Share & Discover
- 💬 Help & Feedback
Fount is your App to save thoughts and ideas from around the web, curate the internet and playfully create new knowledge with others. We want to enable you to follow your curiosity.
The atomic unit of Fount are the Insights, which represent highlights or key takeaways from a wide array of sources (or yourself). You can remix Insight into Playlists, based on topic or association.
Also, add your own Captions to an Insight to bring in your own perspective. Captions are part of an insight, no matter which Playlist it is associated with.
Or pin a Note to add commentary that's specific to a playlist and will only show up there.
🎬 Getting Started
Getting started is simple. Here is your first quest once your account is set-up:
- Download and install the WebClipper
- Download the IOS or Android App (see instructions below)
- Start adding Insights, create Playlists and discover the work of others
🌐 Enabling the WebClipper
The Fount WebClipper, works on any Browser that support Chrome Browser Extensions. With it, you can capture highlights from any website and we even have a special surprise to save tweets.
To download the WebClipper, go to Fount WebClipper in the Chrome Web Store and click "download". The extension will then be automatically added.
To make sure you have Fount ready in your browser bar, go to the puzzle piece icon and pin Fount:
📱 Download the Mobile App
We published our Fount Mobile App for IOS on TestFlight and for Android in the Google Play Store Beta.
- Download the Apple TestFlight app from the App Store (their official platform to download Apps that are in beta)
- Open this Link to add Fount to your TestFlight or scan the QR code below with your IPhone (here is Apple's official guide if you need help):
- For Android, we need to add your Playstore Account Email Address to our Tester Group. Please send us your Playstore Email to email@example.com – we will then activate your account
- Once you send us your Email, we will reply you with a download link. If your account is already activated for the Fount Beta, then use this link or scan the QR code below:
🆙 The Bulk Upload
If you already have a lot of Insights in other apps or discover a huge trove, you can upload all of the insights at once, via our Bulk Upload. To do that, navigate to "Settings" in the Found Web App (not available on mobile) and go to "Bulk Import".
There, you can download a CSV template, which you can fill with your data and then upload again. The easiest way to do that is to open the CSV file in Google Sheets (or Excel), input your data, and then download it as a CSV file.
🤝 Readwise Import
If you are a Readwise user, you can import your existing Highlights into Fount. We believe that an ecosystem of tools can provide the most value to users.
To import your Readwise Highlights, go to "Accounts" → "Import Setting" → "Readwise Import" and follow the instructions. This feature is only available in the Web App, not on mobile.
✅ Getting the most out of Fount
🌐 How to use the WebClipper
You can just highlight text and then click the Fount button on your browser bar:
🐦 Twitter Special:
This button allows you to share Tweets to Fount without commenting in public:
📲 How to share Insights to Fount via Mobile
If you are on an IOS or Android mobile device, you can share any text highlight or Tweet directly to the Fount mobile app. Fount just shows up in your share trey, so that you can select it.
This works great for Twitter or to save anything you are reading on mobile.
🤫 Tip: to always have Fount just a click away, pin us to your share trey. You can do this on IOS and Android by opening your Share Trey, scrolling down to "Edit Actions", and toggling on Fount.
Alpha Disclaimer: We are still working out some kinks with the sharing feature on IOS. Currently, when sharing content from the browser, either the source or the content is not transmitted. You can copy those in easily manually. For reading articles, we recommend reading them in Instapaper or Matter, where full sharing is available.
💡 Sharing from other Apps (Instapaper & Matter)
We are still building out our Mobile Apps. But you can already share your insights from some of the apps that you are using to Fount.
When using the Matter Reader, highlight text to then select it and "share it as text". When you do that, simply select Fount to share the insight into any of your playlists:
▶️ Creating your first Playlist
Once you have a few Insights in Fount, YOU can become creative. Start collecting ideas, remix insights and create new connections by adding Insights to Playlists. To create one, use the big plus button on desktop or, on mobile, go to you Library and use the (smaller) plus button there:
- Start creating a Playlist
- Think of a cool name
- Add a description
- Select a Cover Image via Unsplash
You can create as many Playlists for as many topics as you want. And we even set two up for you:
- Your 🧡 Favorites, for the very best Insights you come across
- and your 📬 Inbox, where all new Insights land that aren't part of any Playlist yet (in contrast, your 👋 Feed displays all recent Insights, no matter if they are associated with a Playlist or not)
🌍 Share & Discover
It's more fun to play together. Thats why we are building Fount multiplayer. Here a few cool things you can already do:
- Go to "Discover" to see all new Playlists that other users are sharing publicly. And check out the "Featured" section for hand-picked curations.
- Put your own Playlists public so that other Users can find them. We will select the best ones and feature them.
- Share playlists even with people who are not using Fount.
To share your own Playlists publicly, open up a Playlist and go to Settings. Here you can toggle Public Sharing on or off. If your Playlist is put as public 🌍, it will appear for other Users in the Discover section. And simply hit the share button to send the link 🔗 to your playlist to everyone else. You can also always revert your Playlist back to being private 🔒.
💬 Help & Feedback
Fount is still very early-stage. So any bugs you encounter or feedback that you share helps us to make the product better.
🐞 For bugs, please submit any issues you find here. We will do our best to fix them.
💡 And if you are missing features or have ideas on how to get more value out of Fount please also let us know.
🆘 If you need help or feel stuck, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch asap.